Thursday 7 October 2010

Spirograph Experiments











These are four A3 spirograph designs I've just been trying out.
I'd need to copy them on to a slightly smaller scale watercolour
paper, and then add (primary) colours over them, either by
hand or just digitally. They need to look bloody good! They'll
just take some time. Once I have a catalogue of illustrations to
use, I can dedicated the rest of my time to working on the written

content of the book. There's 22 pages, so a lot of writing!

1 comment:

  1. What you will be blissfully unaware of, simply due to your birth day on this planet of ours, is the massive NOSTALGIA wave that hits anyone over the age of 40 that Spirograph will bring. It propels us back to a time of 'slinkies' Blue Peter being very cool and our equivalent to the wii, X-box, and Ipod... the jam jar (meaning something you could spend all day tinkering with) Nostalgia is safe, its comforting, its neutral it is power ful (look at the re-launch of some branded products/people/stuff where it is the key)
    Where am I going with this and what is the value... well for me nothing except a few lines of indulgence and for you well another comment on your great blog...that is unless one wanted to market such prints....

    ReplyDelete