Wednesday 6 October 2010

Boooook: DESIGN IDEA

Brave wave on a half 7 train in the pitch black heading home today:
The ground opened up and recommended me to combine the Spirograph
experimental illustration, and combine this with splashing spontaneous
dashes of watercolour on watercolour. Scan, edit, enhance, print. Bravo!
But how does it relate to my theme of missing persons? One intends to
puke up some arty metaphorical symbolism that the circles carry and host
independently, representing the spinning worlds of disillusion, concern,
panic, desperation and perseverance. By jove, I think I've got it! I'll probably
elaborate on the long descriptive words to try and mean something that
evokes a feeling in the back of people's minds in an intelligent and enlightening way.
I'll allow myself a restricted period of time to experiment with forming the
circular patterning, and testing how primary colours work around these designs.
And then I'll have around 25 final illustrations, all to be scanned and refined, before
printed as backgrounds for certain pages and a possibility for the book jacket,
but we'll see. And there's the minor, or should I say pretty major concern of
getting all my content written up in time to be developed (correcting spelling,
grammer, and if something just doesn't make any rational sense). Oh and researching
artists that have adapted similiar techniques to my approach in order to evidence
a development of personal style, which should also be momentarily justified within
my theme. Lovely jubbly.

1 comment:

  1. By jove I think you have..... jubbly lovely x

    ReplyDelete