Saturday 2 October 2010

Ilkley - FanZine entry (2xDPS)










Here are the final output designs for my first "proper" brief starting the Visual Communication course. I havn't really placed any real focus on this brief unfortunately, so it's about time. We've had approximately 3 weeks to produce an informative but not necessarily formal publication in the style of a homemade "Zine" - most popular in the 70s and 80s - and decided within a group of five to draw upon being "Lost in/around Leeds".




Our "Zine" - entitled "The Donut" - covers the surrounding areas that radiate out from Leeds City Centre, but are still categorized as being included within the Leeds City Council area.




Each person in our group will play an integral role of creating a diary-esque overview of our chosen destination that we decide to focus on. My choice was Ilkley - a town I was already knowledgeable of, but not in such great depth.




Essentially my Zine entry describes a guide of Ilkley's most well known characteristics, in a way that could be directly understandable and helpful to anyone inquisitive enough to visit or "get lost" on a magical mystery tour.




Here are my two double-paged spreads based around Ilkley (there might be a third on it's way). Enjoy!








p.s I'am not entirely content with the title font for "Ilkley", so I intend to go through a phase of experimenting with this little piece of text to find the best combination that works with the whole composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment