Sunday 27 March 2011

Palestine

Placing Derren's book on hold, I endulged in Joe Sacco's "Palestine" (which I've blogged before). I found it to be a sensational documentary graphic novel that discussed much of the suffering and deprivation of the Palestinians. I highly recommend this book as a challenging, but enjoyable read. The story is told chronoligically through Joe's various interviews, as he's introduced countless times to the local people and their stories. Although it feels Joe is becoming de-sensitized to the anguish of these people, the book ends on a note of hope that change can be arranged through the government, with the people's fight still playing in the background. A beautiful graphic novel, and I'am glad I managed to finish it (300 w/) in 2 evenings.

Now to move on to Tony Blair's "A Journey" which I expect will be quite a challenge for me (considering I'am not the most avid reader), I'am slowly understanding I need to read more, as an intellectual exercise and something that can keep me away from bloody Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment