Sunday 2 January 2011

Sarah Larnach

Larnach is a fellow Aussie, and friend of Ladyhawke's. As I mentioned previously, the two artist's (in their own right) worked together in the art direction of her debut album. But in Larnach's colourful world, this is only the tip of the iceberg. Her work's gathered a steady rate of reputation, as Ladyhawke fans were exposed by a miniscule tease of what the illustration world really has to offer in contemporary art, in this way I really hope a handful of people have at least felt the urge to find out more.

Sarah Larnach's style was such a perfect example of rich and beautiful illustration, it's helped direct this form of diary-esque markmaking in to shaping a lot of influence upon the work of many artists and students, including myself. It's a shame it's taking me so long to return to Larnach's work, but I'll promise to myself now, to follow her work more so, and now I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment